When Life Hands You Bananas
With a steady stream of delicious meals made by great friends, this girl’s baking days have taken a backseat to bottle-warming. Aside from reheating leftovers or making the occasional PB&J, the kitchen is merely another room to sway back and forth in while Hudson decides when/if sleep will come. Today, however, the babe (and Ryan) gave me a free hour, so I took advantage trying a new recipe found on Pinterest for strawberry banana bread. As far as baked goods go, it’s on the healthy side, so feel free to try it out guilt-free!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (nix the whole wheat if you want a richer flavor and more calories)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large over-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz. Chobani Strawberry Banana Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 1 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas up with a potato masher.
- Add eggs and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Whisk in yogurt until there are no lumps.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the strawberries and nuts.
- Pour batter into a buttered loaf pan. I had a bit extra, so I used a couple of mini bundt cake pans, too.
- Put into the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (My bundts were done after about 20 minutes.)