Tonight’s dinner! Every time I make these Thai style turkey wraps for friends, I get asked for the recipe, so here it is (adapted from an Ed’s Biggest Loser recipe). Probably the healthiest recipe ever and still delish.
- 1 package ground turkey (I get the leanest stuff available)
- 1 head of living butter lettuce
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- juice of four limes
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- splash of sesame oil
Break up and “brown” turkey in skillet. White meat doesn’t actually brown (unless it’s burnt), so just make sure there’s no more pink! Remove from stove and cool in refrigerator. While cooling, combine carrot, garlic, ginger, lime juice, cilantro, green onions, soy sauce, and sesame oil. To this, add cooled turkey and mix well. You can serve right away on lettuce leaves (drizzle with Sriracha if you like a bit of heat) or leave in the refrigerator for a few hours (or even overnight). Making in advance is great if you’re hosting, so you can relax and hang instead of prepping dinner. Just invite me over when you make them – deal?